What we collect about you
We process the personal data of customers, prospects, enquirers, workers and suppliers. We may collect, store and use the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide to us when ordering from us
- Information that you provide to us when requesting information from us
- Any other information you choose to give us, including payment cards
Please let us know if the personal data we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data you provide to use includes:
- Address including postcode
- Delivery address including postcode
- Payment address including postcode
- Email address
- Fax number
- Telephone number
- Information relating to purchases you have made, including payment details
- For trade customers, company name, trading address, trading status, registration number, website, VAT number, ID including passport and utility bill, RDCO number
- Finance application data where finance has been applied for
- Work experience and interview notes when you apply to work for us
- Any other personal information that you choose to send us
We collect information from your computer and about your visits to and use of our website. This includes collecting unique online identifies such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other device on the internet.
What we do with your information
We shall use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you
- To process your order, collect payment and keep you informed of delivery progress
- To provide you with information about our goods and services, and to deal with enquiries and requests about them
- To improve our products and services
- To send you email notifications and marketing communications relating to our business which we believe to be of interest to you.
- To fulfil a contract with you if you are a customer, supplier or worker
- To administer our website, personalise it to you and keep it secure
- To prevent fraud
- To verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
- The processing is necessary to meet contractual obligations into which you have entered as a customer, worker or supplier.
- The lawful justification for sending you marketing communications about our business, services and news is because we have a legitimate business interest for your data to be used for this specific purpose. You are in complete control of your data and can choose not to receive these messages, either when you first provide your data, or in every communication we send you afterwards
Disclosing your personal data
Your information will be held and used by the following parties under our control:
- To workers who deliver our services
- Third parties who provide a service to us where there is a legal obligation to do so.
We shall keep your personal data within HayesFuels.com and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies such as HMRC and law enforcement agencies.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need to, so that we can use it for the reasons described above. Where your information is no longer required or is no longer relevant, we will ensure it is disposed of securely.
The actual period for which we store your personal information will vary depending on the type of personal information and how it is used. For example:
- To make sure that you do not receive marketing from us after you have told us to stop sending it, we need to keep a record of that instruction with your contact details. We shall hold that information until you tell us otherwise.
- Where necessary, we shall keep your personal data for as long as required to do so by law; and where required to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Your rights and control over your personal data
To exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
Access your personal data by making a subject access request
You have the right at any time to ask us what personal information we hold about you, and to ask us to update, amend or delete any data that is incorrect or out of date. As data controller, we will be as clear and transparent as possible and uphold any requests for data disclosure or amendment as soon as possible.
To protect your privacy and security we may need to verify your identity before disclosing or deleting your data.
Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
The accuracy of your personal data is important to us. You can rectify/update your personal data, including your address and contact details at any time. If you find any inaccuracy in your data at any time, we will delete or correct it promptly at your request. Proof of identity may be required in some circumstances.
Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data. However, we will retain just enough of your personal data to ensure that the restriction is respected in the future. You have the right to object to your personal data being processed, for marketing and for research purposes. From the very first communication from us and every marketing communication we send after you will have the right to object to marketing. For email unsubscribes, it may take up to 48 hours for an amendment to become effective. For post and telephone, it may take 21 days. We will do all we can to ensure that any delay is kept to a minimum.
The right to make a compliant to the data protection regulator
If you wish to lodge a complaint or seek advice from a supervisory authority please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold your rights to data privacy. The ICO can be contacted at
The Office of the Information Commissioner,
Telephone: +44 (0) 01625 545 745
Privacy and Cookies
146 Pomeroy road
Telephone: +44 (0)28 8776 1523 / +44 (0)28 9082 5829